mardi 26 août 2008

Review Mirror

Ok it's not funny but It's my blog after all. Looking back, I will say a few words about several albums which were released this year. I will start with one that is no good according to me.
Did you see this film entitled "Dig"? Yeah. So you know the Dandy Warhols.
Some of their albums were quite good in their style. The last one, Odditorium of the Warlords of Mars, was good. So was Thirteen tales... It had a special thing that kept the songs together, although it could have some boring parts.
The new one could be defined as a patchwork. Too multidirectional to convince me. Some funk, some psychedelia, some velvet underground thing... Some songs are really good to hear, (good production, good guitar work...), others are so different from the rest that it fails to amuse me.
When Prince jams with Lou Reed it's no good, (I think).
Some might say, that this record is an attempt to move forward, others will see it as an attempt to please everyone.
Me, I am just a little disappointed!
I found their "friends'", (we don't really know), album, the brian jonestown massacre "My bloody underground", (though it was criticized by many) much more creative.

Aucun commentaire: